Thursday, April 2, 2009

Life Changes

I have wanted to blog about this for awhile, because so many changes have been happening over the past couple months. I didn't want to post prematurely if anything fell through--but it looks like things are falling into place. :)

So, first and foremost: We're moving to Montana! I'm really excited about this. It really looks BEAUTIFUL. I haven't been there yet, but I'm sure me and Trevor will take a trip to househunt (or maybe rent-hunt?)soon. I'm a little leary to say the exact city, seeing as how our blog is public and all...I guess I'm a little paranoid that way. It looks gorgeous and has all the things we really wanted in a city (exept the wonderful friends we've met here). If you're really curious, you can email and ask me what city :) Here's a picture I found on a website:



Pretty, huh? Trevor found a practice that he really likes. He put in an offer and it is now under contract. WOOHOO! I'm excited to be starting this new chapter of our lives.




Second: We sold our house. This is a little bittersweet. I have grown quite attached and didn't think it would be hard to leave something like a house behind. I'm not too sentimental when it comes to things like this, but I really love our house! It worked out well though. We hadn't even really put it up for sale--here's the story:

I had talked to a realtor last October about when she thought I should put the house on the market (with the economy and the market, etc) because I didn't know how long it would take to sell. Plus, we had a couple projects left like the exterior painting (pictures in previous posts) and the landscaping (not done yet) so I kind of wanted a timeline to know how much time we had to get it ready.

After talking to the realtor we didn't think much about selling the house because for a few months we toyed with the idea of staying here another year. Well, Trevor decided to look at some practices, and when he got back we thought we'd better get the house ready to sell because he found a practice he really liked. A couple days later, the realtor I had talked to in October called and asked if we were planning on putting our house up because she had a couple that really wanted to see it--they had been looking for awhile and hadn't been able to find what they wanted. I guess with the things they told her that they wanted in a house, she thought of our house and decided to call us :)

I told the realtor the couple could come see it if they wanted but that we didn't know exactly when we were going to list it. They came to see the house, and loved it and wanted to put in an offer. YAY!! So we listed the house (I guess we needed to list so an offer could be put in). And the house was under contract a couple days later.

9 comments:

The Davies Family said...

Congrats! That is so great! Montana is SOOO beautiful! We love it there..its not far..well the part I've been to, from the family cabin in Island Park and West Yellowstone.
There is this great place called Virginia City and its a living ghost town..we love it there. There is also quake lake (Hebken Lake) on that side..so are the Lewis and Clark Caverns..so I guess it all depends on which side you move to..the West is great! We love to snowmobile up there and go on the rivers etc! So much fun!
Looks like it was meant to be huh? you got your house sold so fast..lucky! We are going to start looking for housing where we are moving to..check out our blog to find out where!
Now I know why you were painting your house while prego..crazy lady!

Sandy Brunson said...

That is so great! You know what the best part is? Montana is so much closer to Colorado! And great news about the house. Especially in this market. Good for you.

Sandy Brunson said...

Well...now that I think about it more (and maybe I had to look at a map) you are probably closer to me where you are at than where you will be moving to...

Yes, I had to look at a map.

Tera said...

Yay! Montana. I am so happy for you. You must be living right to have so many things working out for you. Pick your house carefully because you're going to have visitors... :)

Lisa said...

It's amazing how well things fall into place when it's time for a new season in your life. We will surely miss you. I don't know who is going to host all the baby showers in town now that you are leaving, but you will be a wonderful addition to your new neighborhood, ward and community.

Bryan H said...

oh kim, you crack me up! cutting off the realtor's name... too funny! so, the only reason it is ok for you to move is because we are moving too. :(

b + j = calculus said...

sorry, totally left my comment under bryan's name... maybe we need two computers...

The Peake Family said...

First of all: I hate that you are moving... Thanks Trevor!! Second: Gosh, the love you have for your Realtor by not even mentioning her name. You are really doing her wrong! Come on, she sold your house for you... I will have to give her some props on my blog.. LOL. No seriously, I am going to miss you so much. It makes me want to cry. (you know how emotional I am lately)... I will wait and say my goodbyes when it is time... Love ya Sum

NateandMarie said...

very exciting!!congrats