Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Easter

Easter Sunday was pretty eventful. I woke up early to speak in the serviceman's branch. It was really neat. Our Relief Society presidency all spoke on the Savior and His life, crucifixion, resurrection, and applying the atonement in our lives. There was such a wonderful spirit there and it was really neat to be able to experience part of Easter with the soldiers that were there in training. Plus, it was a little weird to sit through a sacrament meeting with no kids...makes for an even sweeter experience to concentrate fully on the (other) speakers and to reflect on Christ during the sacrament.

After I came home, Trevor had the kids mostly ready for our church. So I did their hair and he took the kids to pick up one of our friends for church (more of that story to come...) I played Easter bunny, threw the turkey breast (yep, the wild one) into the crockpot, and then met everyone at church.

Here's a picture of Hailey and Ashley in their Easter dresses that Grandma Strupp bought for them while she was visiting:





After church the kids had their egg hunt. Here are a couple pictures of the kids looking for Easter eggs. I don't know how other people feel about Easter egg hunts, but I always had them as a child and I think I turned out OK...



Then we ate the turkey. It was OK, I still like store-bought farm turkeys, but whatever.

We had our friend, Erick, over for dinner. We've been doing a few things with him the past four or five weeks because he's been in training at Fort Sill. It's been so much fun hanging out with him and the kids ADORE him. I wished I would have taken pictures of him playing with the kids--they LOVE him and won't leave him alone! He seems to have fun though, or maybe he's just being nice. I'm pretty sure it's because he misses his own kids so much, I told him he could come borrow ours anytime. (Thanks Erick--and thanks Tera for letting us have so much fun with Erick! Looks like you better come visit soon, he won't be here much longer...)

I hope you all had a wonderful and fun Easter, too!

2 comments:

Laralyn said...

You have to have an Easter Egg Hunt on Easter. It wouldn't be easter without it!!! Well, I take that back...but the excitement for kids is just soooooo much fun! I love the adorable dresses!

Tera said...

Thanks so much for having Erick over for Easter! It really means a lot to me.

Erick said he loved doing "tick-tocks" (swinging upside down by the feet) with your kids. We were able to talk with him on the computer when he got back to the base. He said playing with your kids definitely makes him miss our munchkins. Happy Easter!