Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Brian Regan

So, my home page is set to the CNN website--because that's where Trevor set it. So I always read over the headlines and actually it's a good way to keep me informed since I'm not an avid news watcher. Point is, I saw a story about the comedian Brian Regan. I noticed his name because my friend Maggie mentioned him in a blog post once and how much she liked him. So I watched one of his videos and thought he was pretty funny...although I'm not a huge fan. Anyway, I read the story and I just found this pretty profound, he said:

"They say a formula for comedy is comedy equals tragedy plus time. A difficult or uncomfortable situation takes place, and then you laugh about it later down the road. Sometimes I wonder if I could be so mentally healthy to subtract the time part. Like what if there is a flat tire, and it's raining outside? Instead of laughing a month later, why not laugh while you are changing tires in the rain?"

Anyway, I thought this to be so totally true. If we were to take life a little more lightly, how much happier and healthier would we all be? Just a thought. If you'd like to read the whole interview, he seems like a pretty cool guy. You can find it here: http://www.cnn.com/2009/SHOWBIZ/04/14/brian.regan.comedy.tour/index.html

I don't know how to hyperlink :)

1 comments:

mags said...

hooray! more brian regan, c'mon kim give the guy a chance!
once when i was pregnant with quinton i threw up all over the kitchen and i started bawling and mike said, "you can cry or you could just laugh." he'll be glad to know that he and br have something in commong!