Thursday, July 28, 2011

Texas

We had some friends get sealed in the Dallas Temple, so we decided to make a trip out of it to go to the sealing and also see my sister for awhile. The kids and I went for a week and Trevor joined us for the weekend. Here are some of the highlights of our Texas trip:

A quick note: Dallas was the hottest place in the country during my little vacation there. Good time to visit, I know. It was SOOO hot. I stepped out of the airport and it was like a sauna. So that's why all we did was swim the whole time...

We went to a waterpark that was the perfect size for kids. They had a lazy river, some bigger waterslides, and a kids area that was pretty big. P.S. The cement was SOO hot that the kids all had burned feet from running from lazy river to the slides to the kids area. I had to carry Jason and run from wet spot to wet spot on the cement. It was crazy. Most people kept there flip flops by the edge of the pool to slip on. That would've been smart. I feel for all you Arizona folks. You're probably scoffing at this post because you deal with these things all summer.

Here's Jason with a little girl in the background. They got in a little tiff later because she kept pushing him out of the fountain he was playing in. Little bully. But Jason yelled "No!" at her and pushed her hands off his chest. :)


Ashley and Hailey at the waterpark


Jason got really tired and finally fell asleep. Poor kid, I tried to get him to take off his life jacket when I could see he was going to fall asleep. I didn't want him to be any hotter than we already were. He wouldn't, though. And don't worry, I've come to accept the fact that I look old.


Another day we went to a "splash pad." I'd never heard of one. It's not like a spray park, but more like a bunch of sprinklers on the cement. This is a horrible picture of the splash pad, but I didn't take many pictures of it.

Tyler and his cousin, Rachel.


We also took full advantage of the neighborhood pool. The kids had a great time at Aunt Amy's house. Thank you!!


And the reason for our trip in the first place:

This is Ted and Caroline. We met them in Philadelphia while Trevor was going to school. Ted and Trevor are hunting buddies. Which makes them practically brothers :) We were happy we were able to attend their sealing. We had fun with them for a couple nights while Aunt Amy took the kids. Yay :)

4 comments:

Sandy Brunson said...

looks like a fun, hot, trip. And I don't think you look old. You look amazing actually. Just as thin and lovely as in high school! I'm sill jealous of your hair.

Emily J. said...

OK you are in BIG trouble! Had we known you were in Dallas we would have up and visited. We are only 1 1/2 hours away. I forgive you since I know when you are traveling there are too many people to see but it still would have been fun to see you. and YES it is HOT here!

Lisa Strupp said...

Looks like a fun, fun trip! Oh and p.s. you DO NOT look old! You are a freakin' hottie and I love you! That is all! :)

Lisa said...

I know how hot it is. It's been a flippin' 110 degrees here for like ALL summer. Yes, this must be where Satan lives. I am glad you had a fun trip!