Sunday, July 3, 2011

4th of July

Although it's not quite the 4th, we celebrate around here on the 2nd.

We started out our day by running in some races. Tyler decided he didn't want to race, but Trevor ran the "fun run" with Hailey, Ashley, and Jason. Jason rode in the jogging stroller for most of the time, but got out a couple times and ran until he got tired. It was really fun watching the younger three, they were really cute and they got all excited about the little flags they got at the finish line. Here are some pictures:

All the kids before the race

Near the finish line

After the race with their flags



My race started shortly after they got done with theirs. I ran another 5K. I'm not quite sure how I placed in this one, because they haven't posted the standings yet.

Now, don't laugh at my patriotic getup. They said we should dress up and the best dressed would get a prize. I wasn't going for the prize or anything, I just didn't want to stick out as the one who didn't dress up. Turns out, I was the only one who dressed up. Good times. I don't know if I would've picked up the prize or not because we didn't stick around too long after.

After the race we came back and got ready for the parade. We rode bikes to the parade and watched all the entries as the kids gathered as many pieces of candy as they could. I know, you're probably jealous that our town still throws candy and yours doesn't. I would be too.

After the parade, we grilled some burgers and hot dogs and had a picnic outside. We were planning on going to the rodeo, but I think the kids were pretty tired from the days activities. Trevor and I lovingly remembered how fun it was last year to carry all the tired kids with aching legs back to the car--20 blocks away--while they told us just how tired they were with each step we took. So instead we opted to ride bikes to get some churros at Taco John's for dessert and put the kids to bed at the normal hour. Then Trevor and I watched some tv, and then some fireworks from our front lawn. Excellent. Sorry there were no pictures of all THAT fun!

1 comments:

Brigham said...

You crack me up! Good to catch up with your summer fun... I was really hoping to find pictures of you and Trevor watching TV and the fireworks. And Congrats on your
5K's. You look legit in your get-up, I'm sure you could whoop me!

Shay