Sunday, July 3, 2011

Some Summer Fun

Ashley had a birthday! It's a busy time to have birthday's. I hope she doesn't feel like she got overlooked. I didn't quite get the invitations to any friends before school was out. I know she really wanted to have a party at the bowling alley, but instead we invited the missionaries over for dinner. :) She was really excited for the cake and presents anyway, so it all worked out.


Ashley's a sweet little girl. She loves to play with her friends and with her older brother and sister, and is such a good sister to her younger brother. She really takes care of him and tries her best to keep him happy. She already loves to play Tyler's Nintendo DS, or the Wii, or the itouch, and she loves to ride her bike. The last five years have flown--and I've loved every second I got to be the mom of this sweet little girl. I'm sad I won't get to spend all day with her this fall when she starts kindergarten. :(

We went to the town's annual fishing derby. It was a lot of fun, althoug it was still very cold. We didn't catch any fish, but we sure had a lot of fun trying. It was pretty crowded and the people around us had no problems casting over our heads from behind us. Weird. At one point, Jason was sitting on his camping chair and leaned forward. It folded and dropped him in the water. Poor kid, I stripped him and wrapped the blanket around him and took him home to change. We live pretty close, so we came back and kept on trying to catch the big fish. No dice.


0 comments: