Thursday, September 18, 2008

The Blue Hole


This is the Blue Hole. It's in New Mexico--I guess it's pretty popular among divers (like the deep sea divers--tanks and all) If you click on the pictures to enlarge it, you can see all the divers in their wetsuits getting ready to go down.




It's pretty deep--as the picture shows :) I'll have to ask Trevor to remind me why it's there--I guess there's a spring at the bottom where all the water is coming in? I don't really remember, he read about it. But we stopped here on our way home to stay the night in a hotel, and this Blue Hole was like 1/2 mile from us, so we visited it before the long drive back home.


And this is my crazy husband. It was pretty cold outside that day (weird for New Mexico) like 55-60 degrees. And the water is freezing, I think it was like 42 degrees or something ridiculous like that--seriously, the sign above is lying. That temperature must be on a mid-July afternoon or something. Really, it was COLD. But Trevor decided he couldn't pass up the chance to jump in a couple of times. So he did--we didn't have any towels to dry him off, so we used the kids blankets. Everyone around was staring at Trevor for not having a wetsuit for this, but being from Idaho...he's used to this cold water :)
It was fun, I was a LITTLE jealous and wanted to try it out. I didn't for a couple reasons: the shock of the cold water would put me into labor (not to mention the looks I would get), and also because then we REALLY wouldn't be able to tell the kids they couldn't do it.

1 comments:

mags said...

tell trevor to use austin, you know he wants too! i love that pict of tyler dancing with the little girl, i can't wait to show austin when he gets home from school! haley's hair is sooo long. love the pigtails. and ashley is all grown up, i can't wait to see the new one. don't have it on post.