Thursday, September 18, 2008

Baby Names



Now, I know I promised lots of posts to come--I just haven't gotten to them. So today I will try and catch up with any spare moments I have.

When we were on our vacation, we had a baby shower for my little sister. This was like 3 weeks ago :) She's since had her baby...

Now, this said sister had in her list of names the only boy name Trevor and I could agree on: Jason. I told her she could use it if she'd like (like she needs my permission, she DID have her baby first) because I didn't LOVE it--and if she used it, then we would be forced to come up with something else.

By the time the baby was born, her and her husband had narrowed their list to two names, one of which was Jason, and they were going to see which name fit when they saw him. Well, apparently he's a "Jason"

Now me and Trevor are stuck with what to do. I think we should go with one of the many other names I like (ie Austin, Brian, etc) but he seems to think there are enough duplicate names in my family (plus he doesn't like the names I like), what does it matter if we use Jason, too? I think it's a little too soon to duplicate a name (all the other duplicate names are like uncle/nephew-25 years apart) and my sister thinks this is a ridiculous idea. Like we should listen to her... :) Any opinions out there?

5 comments:

Lisa Strupp said...

Sorry Trevor but I'm gonna have to agree with Kim!! You can't duplicate a name that's within the siblings. It would be like him being named Rob or Travis. (those are some of his cousins names right) Anyway, no one has commented so leave it to me to voice my opinion!! You don't have to listen to me though. :D

The Peake Family said...

Well, you already know my opinion... But, how about Brian Trevor Strupp? That sounds great!! Or Jason Trevor Strupp... Both sound good.

Sandy Brunson said...

I must first say...whoa! Did I know Amanda was pregnant? I can't believe she has a baby. I am so old! Good for her though. Jason is a good name. I always liked Ammon. Good luck though...names are hard. I side with the "okay to duplicate names" crowd. There were three Johns amongst my cousins...all the same age too...and it was fun.

Erica Johnston said...

Do you live in the same town? If so, that would make it hard, but considering my sibliongs are around eachother 1 week out of the year for a fam reunion...who cares?!

Emily J. said...

I am with the NOT duplicating names. It drives me crazy!!! Maybe if they were a few years apart but not a few months. Nice advice eh!!! Sorry but Kim I think you win out and get one of your names.