Saturday, June 28, 2008

Comparisons


Tyler at six months

Hailey at five months (and Tyler and Aysia)

Ashley at six months

I was looking at pictures of all the kids as they were growing up, and I was noticing that my babies seem to be getting thinner and thinner. Tyler was a pretty big kid, I'd say Hailey was about average, and Ashley maybe a little below average...Well, not according to the "charts" but just from comparing them to other babies I see around.

I promise--I'm not getting lazier as a mom and not feeding them as much as I have more kids. In fact, probably the opposite. Now that I have more mouths to feed, I fix bigger meals. And actually I'd say Ashley is my biggest eater. That girl can put it away! She's always the last one at the table, too. Not because she's slow, but because she goes back for seconds and thirds. I keep asking her if she's done eating yet and she keeps telling me "no"--then keeps on at it. I guess she just has Trevor's metabolism. It's just not fair. It makes me worry about what the poor child that comes next will look like. If he/she is scrawny, you'll know it's because they're trying to follow the trend.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! You were right, Tyler was a chunk. I think Max might have some competition. I loved the picture that you emailed to me. I died laughing. I am glad that my child is not the only fat one out there. Everyone constantly comments on HOW BIG HE IS. I like him healthy. I don't have to worry about him as much. (Although I how he can still sit up and soon start walking so I don't have to carry him anymore!) I hope we get back to OK before you leave so that we can battle with the wii again. I like pretending like its really tennis.

Anonymous said...

That is interesting...doesn't it usually work the other way around? Are you hoping for a boy or girl this next time?

kellie said...

Oh I remember when Tyler looked like that!! He was seriously the cutest baby ever! What cute kids you guys produce :) I was just going to let you know that we decided to do the private thing. Can I get your e-mail address? You can send it to me at kellie.holley@imail.org I am sorry for all the hassle!! Hope all is well. And Hope you are feeling okay :)
Luv ya,
Kellie

Craig and Maggie said...

I love comparing baby pictures! You should find some of you and Trevor at that age.

GSGC StrongFamily said...

That's so funny! Tyler was such a cutie, I always remember him as a chicken for Halloween one year, he was so cute. ALl of your kids are cute!

The Davies Family said...

Tyler was so chubby..but only in the cutest way! What a cutie! Yeah I think you are right, they are getting thinner..mine on the other hand are getting chubbier..P was a stick from birth..M was chubby at first but didn't get too big..H is waaay chubbier..she's got thunder thighs! haha its so cute!

Brittany Mecham said...

I can totally remember when you came to the family reunion after tyler was born and he was huge!! so dang cute though. All the kids are adorable such a cute mix of the both of you!! sorry it's taken so long to comment, i love looking at your blog though, and congrats on the pregnancy, very exciting!

Jordan & Cassie said...

Hey STRUPP!! How in the world are you doing? I just stumbled onto your blog. Your family is adorable. Check us out at cassiejordan.blogspot.com I hope you guys are doing great.
Humble

Tera said...

I remember Tyler being huge, especially compared to my scrawny kids. Your kids are dang cute. I bet if you have another boy, he will be just as big as Tyler. It will be fun to see.

Amanda said...

Super cute! You'd never guess Tyler was such a chubber, but it's the cutest!

And really, thanks for sharing Haley with me. It's always weird for me when my kids are buds with some random adult, but it's the sweetest thing to me that Haley had such a great time at our house. Our last Sunday in Primary she came up to me and said, "Um, Meishe's mom? I love you." And gave me a big hug. What a darling little girl you have!