Monday, June 2, 2008

The Waterpark



Before we went swimming at the waterpark (they were REALLY excited)



Afte we went swimming at the waterpark (the next day).

Just a note, they didn't get sunburned that bad, Tyler and Ashley got it the worst on their backs and we CAKED sunscreen on them. 45 SPF, in case any of you were wondering. Hailey got a little burned on her shoulders, but she sure is milking it for all its worth. Whenever I get the aloe out for Tyler or Ashley, Hailey starts fussing like her sunburn hurts and she needs "awoe". Funny kids. I guess that's what happens when white baby skin sees the light of day for the first time.

The waterpark we went to is really pretty fun. My friend, Jen, asked me if I wanted to get a season pass with her while they were on sale for like $30. I know--CHEAP. And, Hailey and Ashley are free. I would only have to buy one for me and Tyler! But I didn't get one thinking how busy we would be for the summer and how I probably wouldn't want to take all three kids by myself all the time...they all don't know how to swim and I'm overprotective what with how they could drown and stuff...Plus Ashley's crazy and would run off at any chance she gets...

But I'm kicking myself now. The sale is over, so now season passes are $50 each if I can get two other people to buy passes (the group rate) or $60 with just us two. The kids LOVED it. We stayed there all day (hence, the pink shoulders and backs) and they played so good the whole time. No naps and all.

The waterpark has a little kid area that they played in most of the day. They have waterslides and everything for them--they're nothing to scoff at either--they have some pretty big slides for the little kids. Tyler kept running off to go on the slide and I kept telling him he can't leave without someone with him or tell us where he's going. But then I would turn around and he would be in line for the waterslides again...without telling me. Hailey was pretty cautious. She would go down the slides with me or Trevor, but everytime we would convince her she's big enough to go by herself, she'd bump her head on one of the turns and it was all over. Ashley, on the other hand, WOULDN'T go with me. She wanted to do it by herself. If Trevor wasn't with me, I had to go down the waterslide first, and then the lifeguard would help her on the slide so I could catch her at the bottom. They loved every second of the day, and it was the least sick I've felt in a LONG time :) Just a little suprise treat for those of you who read this long story. Maybe I'll bite the bullet and buy the stupid passes.

17 comments:

Jami said...

Hey, I'm thinking about buying a pass now thanks to your positive experience...let me know if you want to go in for the group rate! And I liked your story :)

The Davies Family said...

Ahh memories of us at Seven Peaks at the beginning of the summer..pasty white one day..screaming red the next..sounds like so much fun! yeah kick yourself real hard for passing up that great deal!

Anonymous said...

I think you should definately get the passes. Waterparks are fun and a good time-passer.

Craig and Maggie said...

Congratulations! Not that I'm happy that your sick, but I'm happy that you're sick if that makes any sense... no? oh, well. I'm really happy for you!

And I passed up the waterpark deal for the same reasons- that and Darren is a big baby when it comes to water. Maybe next year when he grows up a little bit we can all go get an early group rate together.

The Peake Family said...

Kimmy, I wonder why you are so sick. Does your stomach hurt? Are you eating too much? Is your stomach getting big? Hum, is there a baby in your belly? That is what I think!! Yea, now everyone knows. Or maybe not!! hahaha. As for the water park, fun for awhile.... Miss you guys tons. See ya soon.

Anonymous said...

Well...well...well! I guess congrats are in order for number 4? When are you due? We definitely need to catch up!

about us . . . said...

i still think that between you and jami and maggie that you should all get waterpark passes. we can put them to good use!!!!!!!!!!! thanks for the credit though on the blog! LOL let me know the next time that you guys want to go.

The Smiths said...

Holy cow! #4 really?!?! That's so exciting- congrats, Kim! Come on, we need details! Jump on that group rate- it's so worth it. We've gotten Sea World passes for three years and love it. Love the shows, the exhibits and the waterpark.

Are you going home for the summer? Just wondering if you'll be there while I am. June 23-July 1st?? I'd love to see you!

Natalie said...

Kim: Congrats! That's Awesome!! My little girl is requesting twins because I need a baby for both of us to take care of!! I think she's crazy! The waterpark is a magical place for little kids! This will be the 1st summer I think I can handle taking my kids alone to the waterpark. It is such a great way to spend the day...and not think about feeling sick! I would bite the bullet and get the passes, your kids will have a blast!

Jami said...

Kim congrats 4 is a lot of work, but I think 3 was a lot harder. good luck. Sounds like you guys are going to have a fun summer. Bite the bullet and buy those passes you will have great memories with the kids. But just put life jackets on the girls!!!! Have a fun summer.

Emily J. said...

I love waterparks. We got season passes this year too. I love that I can go for a few hours and not feel guilty that I don't stay longer after spending so much money.

Emily J. said...

okay how did I miss that you were expecting again. Congratulations!!!! I am so excited for you. When does this make you due? I know I could do the math but I am too lazy

mags said...

It is sooo wierd that we haven't been swimming yet. But it is like 55 degrees everyday, I haven't even thought of it yet! The water park was so fun last year, I wonder if my kids remember it?

mags said...

Hellllooo! I just totally missed the baby ticker! Congrats!! You guys are so crazy to hop into the land of four children, seriously who does that? jk

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Four will be so exciting!

Tera said...

Sounds like you had a blast! Congratulations on the sickness (if that's what you're calling it these days.) When can we expect some follow-up information? Miss you!

kellie said...

Where the freak have I been. I swear I read this post already and just caught on to the sickness bit. I am a dork. CONGRATS! I am so excited for you. You have cute kids, so keep em' coming :) I wish I could see them all in person someday! ARe you ever coming back to UTah?