Saturday, December 27, 2008

Our New Baby Boy!!!

It's a Boy! Born December 22, 2008
Jason Trevor Strupp
8 lbs. 15 oz.
23 inches

I am so grateful that everything went well and we have a healthy baby boy! He's such a good little guy--I don't know what I did to deserve such good babies. I know he's only a few days old, so I shouldn't count my chickens or anything. But so far he's been the best little baby anyone could ask for.

Here's the story. If you don't want all the gory details, you should skip to the pictures.

It seems I always start having some contractions each night a few days before delivery, so I wasn't too alarmed when I did Sunday night (again) and figured I would go to bed to see if I could sleep through them. I did. At least I did until 2 am and they started getting too close together that I couldn't go back to sleep inbetween. So I got up and decided to finish my laundry and pack my bag, etc. This went on until about 3:30 am when I decided I should probably wake Trevor up and we should go. The contractions seemed really close together and I didn't want to miss my epidural window :) So I woke Trevor up and told him we should go to the hospital. "Why?" he asks. Funny. He was half asleep though.

So we go and they make sure I'm in labor, etc. etc. but I was only dialated to 5. The nurses call my doctor who tells them he is going on vacation in 5 hours and wants me delivered by then. So he told them to hook my up to some pitocin to hurry this along and he was going to come break my water. This from a doctor who wouldn't induce me until 41 weeks. Oh well, I'm fine with hurrying along the delivery. So, we did all that, and I finally got an epidural. Which worked INCREDIBLY well, by the way. Then Jason was born at 8:06 am.

Here is Jason's first picture:


The kids were SO excited to come see their new little brother. They've been so helpful with getting me diapers, binkies, change of clothes, etc. And they always fight over who gets to hold him. I know, this picture of me is really becoming. I would photoshop myself out if I knew how, or at least make the pregnant nose (why do noses get so fat there at the end? or maybe it always looks like this? Yikes.) and remaining belly smaller. But since I can't, here's reality:





Now, I took this picture a few days before having the baby (3 days actually) because people keep asking to see pregnant pictures. It's always fun to look at such a spectacle as Pregnant Kim. I wasn't planning on posting it after seeing what I looked like--but since I had the baby and am no longer pregnant, I changed my mind. So here it is, Kim at 39 weeks pregnant:

16 comments:

b + j = calculus said...

congrats! we can't wait to see him!

Jenn and Chuck said...

Congrats! He's very cute! What a great Christmas present for everyone!
~Jennifer

The Peake Family said...

How precious! I cannot wait to see him and you too. Hope you had a great Christmas.

mags said...

congratulations!! you two make cute kids. and you are an incredibly cute pregnant woman. we are so happy for you. jace is on my lap and he just said, "bebe night night!"

Beck Family said...

Congratulations! What a cutie. Let me know how it goes with four. I'm glad your mom was able to be there.

Tuthill Family said...

Congratulations! Your new Baby is absolutely beautiful - as are all of your other children! Things have sure changed since Philly huh? I can't believe how big Tyler is now! (Or that he's in school... time flies!) You look amazing for just having had a baby. We just had our 2nd (say nothing of 4) and you look so much better than I could even imagine to be! Good for you! Feel free to check out our blog when you get a chance - Sabrina has us on her page. Congrats again and Merry Christmas!
Love,
Emily

kellie said...

Congrats!! He is adorable. (of course he would be :) I am so happy for you both, and Kim you look so freakin cute pregnant! I am glad things went well. Can't wait to see more pictures. Hope you had a Merry Christmas!

Amanda, Curtis, Ellis, Hugh, Rhys, Graham, Sylvia said...

Gorgeous mother! I know all the hormone changes can make it hard for us to see our real beauty sometimes, but Kim, you are perfectly, breath-stealingly beautiful. It's inspiring.

I kept checking your blog for news, so thanks for the posts. Doesn't it feel like such a great gift when labor and delivery go so well? Merry Christmas to you guys! Happy birthday, little JT!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! What a happy family, I hope you had a great holiday with the new addition.

Sandy Brunson said...

All I'm going to say is...I hope that some day I look that good pregnant. You are stunning as always!

The Davies Family said...

ok..whatever you look fabulous after having a baby a few hours or minutes? ago..and you look fabulous pregnant..I wish we could all be so lucky!
I am so happy to hear it all went well..number four is my scary number..it makes me nervous to think about four little ones running around..not to mention being pregnant and delivering a fourth. I'm just nuts I guess, but i figure I've had three healthy ones, number four has got to be the scary story one.

The Smiths said...

Good night, Kim, you are gorgeous! I ditto Mand's comments, it's hard to see how beautiful you are when you're the one pregnant! Everyone else sees it! :)

Glad to hear everything went well! Jason is so precious- congrats Strupp Family! BTW, is that the name you wanted to use, but your sister used it? Can't remember. . .

Lisa said...

He's gorgeous. You looked so pretty pregnant. And that hospital picture!! You look gorgeous. It's not fair. And thank you for reading my blog!

Tera said...

He is adorable! Congratulations. You make such a cute pregnant lady. You are tiny with a perfect basketball belly. I love it!

Jami said...

Congratulations on your beautiful baby boy! I cannot believe I'm saying this...but Jaylon and I actually miss some things about Oklahoma (it doesn't help that we're experiencing the worst Seattle winter in the last 20 years or something) but boy do I miss the big open sky and sunshine and country! We miss you and Trevor and lots of other friends too. Congratulations again!

Erica Johnston said...

Congratulations! and how hot are you!!!! You look amazing nine months prego- I'm so jealous!!