Thursday, December 4, 2008

Again with the house

I know, I know. Who cares what home improvements we're embarking on now? I do. So you all have to sit through it and compliment me at the end on what a good job we're doing :)

We started painting the exterior of our house. It turned into being a much bigger job than I had imagined...like Trevor told me. Don't tell him he's right though :) But we finally finished it and I'm so proud. I got to help on this project again--hence, the proudness.

Here are a few pictures:


This is a picture of when the house was all powerwashed. It looks HORRIBLE. Don't worry, that's not what it looked like before the washing--but the paint was REALLY peeling and so we wanted to powerwash, sand and scrape, etc. Then prime (the white that's done in this picture.



Here's an after picture of our painting job. I know--it's pretty much the same color. But I'm so original I figured it would be easier to cover if we went with the same color, but nothing too dark so we didn't have to use two coats. We may as well have, because we had to prime the whole house anyway. Oh, and Trevor doesn't think the trim is dark enough or that there is enough contrast. But I'm not about to redo it.



Trevor took this picture because he got a bunch of slack from the neighbors for letting me climb up on the scaffolding when I was 8 months pregnant. Bunch of whiners. Plus, Trevor had no say in it. In his defense, he tole me I shouldn't be up there--but what's he going to do about it when he's at work? Don't worry, I was REALLY careful and it was REALLY stable scaffolding. Trevor's friend from work had his dad drive it to us from Tulsa. It's like 4 hours from here! We don't even know his dad, just drove it down for us. There are some nice people in this world.

5 comments:

The Davies Family said...

You CRAZY woman! You shouldn't have been on that scaffolding..there I got my say in..now moving on..
Nice job! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE home improvement projects..I miss doing them..sigh..I can't wait until we are back in a house and can do them! Oh..can I really last the next six months until graduation? And CAN we really find a job in this terrible economy?

Sandy Brunson said...

I was going to say the same thing! I can't believe you were up on the scaffolding at 8 months pregnant. It did turn out nice though. Good luck with the upcoming baby Carter!

Emily J. said...

What are you thinking? It is amazing how much you want to do when you are pregnant just to get it done. I am glad you didn't have any accidents.

The Smiths said...

Add to me to list of "bunch of whiners!" Crazy lady, I got all nervous just looking at the picture! You two are so amazing with your home improvement project- you're my idol!!

Tera said...

Kim, it looks amazing! I love what you have done to that house. I know there is no stopping a pregnant woman when she is properly motivated. Miss you.

How much longer are you going to be there? Erick will be at Ft. Sill in March for some training. Will you still be around?