Thursday, December 4, 2008

Hailey's Birthday

Ah, the business that was November. Somebody told me once (no names...) that they hate it when people update their blogs and post a bunch of posts at once. So...sorry :) There are 3 posts that I was going to put into one huge one. But I didn't want to shrink my pictures and they won't all fit into one post. It takes a whole extra 30 seconds.

Anyway, keep reading after this post.




So, the end of November was Hailey's 4th Birthday. I can't believe how old my kids are getting! It's so much fun watching them learn and grow.

I signed up to have the missionaries for dinner and didn't realize until I got home that it was also Hailey's birthday. But it turned out well--she thought we were having a birthday party for her and she loves the elders. I hope that was ok with them that we sprung a birthday party on them. One day when I'm an energetic and motivated mother, I'll have a REAL birthday party. With kids and all. As for now, she didn't seem to mind it was just the family...and the missionaries.

As for this picture:


I'm a little apprehensive to let you all in on a little secret. I am now a follower of the Twilight series.

At first I didn't want to read them because I had heard what they were about and it didn't really sound like my thing. But then a bunch of girls from my ward asked me if I wanted to come see the movie with them and I thought it might be a fun ladies night out kind of thing. So I went.

I liked the movie, there were mixed reviews. We were all talking about it on the way home and I said something like: I should read the books sometime. To which my friend replied that she would lend them to me when we got to her house. What could it hurt?

I started reading TWILIGHT the next day. I don't know that I put the books down after that. Poor, neglected family. It is pretty fast reading--but I think it took me like 6 days to read all 4. They were surprisingly good! TO any of you who haven't given them a chance: you should try it. I guess it's more of a girl thing, though. I know some guys like them, but my husband wouldn't and I know my brother didn't.

Anyway, that's a picture of the girls I went to the movies with. Good times. So thanks to all of you for taking me!

4 comments:

The Davies Family said...

I also read the books and liked them..but not the fourth..anti-climactic if you ask me. I saw the movie with some ward friends too..and also mixed reviews..liked it but didn't LOVE it.
We did a birthday party once with missionaries..it was fun! They loved it because..hey-free cake!
I can't believe you have 18 days to go! I am so feeling your pain right now as I think back to last year! Are you due the 22nd? That is when H was born last year.. that would be too funny

Emily J. said...

Oh by the way the race is on. My doctor told me I had a week tops left before this baby comes but since then no contractions. How about you?

Anonymous said...

WHAT? KIM - VERONICA - MAGGIE, what the heck has gotten into you? joining the teenie-boppers in their obsession... i haven't stopped hearing about it! you up their painting reminded me of calling you in desperation to help me finish packing and cleaning my house, 3 hours before we had to get out, you were holding Max and filling the holes in the wall with putty at the same time. nothing is too complicated for you. i am glad the kids have come out of the car for the groundhogs. i can't wait to take max when we get back. i am sitting here, putting off studying, wishing my hubby would walk through the door already! tell hailey happy birthday from miss shayla. miss you guys!

Lisa said...

And why wasn't I invited to the Twilight movie?

I would think that it was a RS/Primary disconnect, but I see that Jamie is there, too. BAA!