Friday, December 7, 2012

Hailey's Baptism

Hailey had her 8th birthday not too long ago.  I sure love this girl. I can't believe she's already 8 and making the decision to be baptized!

We had a family birthday party and went out to eat in the next town.  We also stopped by a place to look at garage doors. :)  I'm sure she was very excited about that, but she did say it was fun so I didn't feel too guilty.

I DID feel bad for her at the restaurant because she wanted them to sing to her, so I asked the waitress and she said she would gather some people. Then at the end of our meal the waitress came over and said she was sorry, but they were too busy and no one could sing to her.  It was so sad.  Mostly to see the disappointment on Hailey's face.  Come on, they can't take 30 seconds?  I told her we'd sing extra loud for her at home and she seemed to be OK with that...or maybe it was the cookie they gave her that made her happy again... We came home and had cake and opened presents.



The next day was Hailey's baptism.  She was SOOO excited and couldn't wait.  I sure love that with her sensitivity comes the sensitivity to the spirit as well.  After her baptism she came out of the font and was crying.  I hugged her for such a long time.  It was really neat to be able to be there right after and to share that with her.



My parents and Trevor's parents were able to be there and give talks.  Um, wish I had taken more pictures than this...

During the program she was so intent on listening to everything.  Her favorite Primary Song is "I Know That My Savior Loves Me." She wants to sing that song for every FHE each week. It's a newer song, but she loves it and tears up every time she hears it.   So I had the senior primary girls sing that after she was baptized.  Thanks girls, you did a great job!!  

I love this little girl.  She's such a big helper whenever I need anything.  I love listening to her giggle with Tyler when they sit and talk with each other.  She always wants to "babysit" if I'm busy doing something and need some quiet while I'm talking to the contractor or looking up some appliance or fireplace or something (my only past time these days)  She loves school (math and PE), and loves to cuddle.  I hope these days last a long time!!  The teenage girl horror stories have me worried.





3 comments:

Sam Howard said...

Oh, I also am saddened by the lack of singing in the restaurant!

Sandy Brunson said...

your kids are getting so big! I wish we lived closer to know each others children. I think we would make great neighbors.

jessie roberts said...

She is such a beautiful girl inside and out. So happy for her.