Thursday, April 21, 2011

My 8 Year Old

Tyler turned 8 this month. Am I really that old? Wow. I can't believe how the time has flown. We're so proud of this little guy. He's such a good helper to Trevor and me, he's a great big brother to his sisters and brother, and he's a great friend to all those around him.

I wasn't planning on doing a birthday party for Tyler this year. We had some busy weeks around his birthday and it just didn't look like the time to do it. Tyler kept asking if we could, and I told him I'd call the bowling alley (where he wanted to have his party) to see if maybe we could do it ON his birthday since the weekend before was busy and the weekend after we would have family here for his baptism. Anyway, I called the bowling alley knowing that they probably had leagues going on and then it would be their fault that he couldn't have a birthday party. Go figure, they were ending one session of leagues and not starting the next until a couple weeks later. Hurray.

Tyler was really excited to have a birthday party. We invited all the boys from his class (Shhhh, no one has to know: the rule is, if you take the invitations to school, you have to invite the WHOLE class...so Tyler gave them out BEFORE and AFTER school. Is this teaching my son to bend rules? ) and the boys from church. They all showed up. Well, except one. Wow, that's a lot of little boys. Here's a picture: some of the boys are missing--playing video games or something...




Tyler was baptized this month. It was such a great day--I'm so happy he's made the decision to become a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.

It was an amazing day and I'm glad I got to be there to witness it. Thanks to the grandparents (and uncle) who were able to make it and contribute to the program! You did GREAT!


Congratulations Tyler! We love you!

5 comments:

EmmaLee Robinson said...

You are a brave mom. That is a lot of boys. It looks like fun. What a great few weeks.

Jamie said...

YAY! Congratulations to YOU, Kim, for surviving such a busy week (it's too bad your visiting teacher didn't come help you with any of this--you should fire her!)and to both of you for raising such a great kid. I'm a huge Tyler fan--he's a sweetheart. The baptism was lovely and it was nice to see your families. We're so lucky to have you in our ward!

The Davies Family said...

I am right there with you..mine turns 8 in three months..I am feeling old!
What a great birthday party and no worries about the invitations..I don't think its rule bending..he did do it before and after school.
You look great! We need to try to arrange a time when we are both in Utah so we can get together!

mags said...

i can't believe he's that old! what a cutie in his baptism suit! congrats tyler!

Unknown said...

Kim- your kids are so cute! And you are not old, because we are the same age and I have a kid older than yours! Kudos to you for having such a great party for your boy!

It is fun to look through your blog and see your cute family, since I have not seen you in forever. Send me an email sometime. tonedguns {at} hotmail {dot} com
Jenni (Wilson)