Monday, August 4, 2008

Waterskiing and Tubing

We went waterskiing this weekend with some friends. It was a LOT of fun. I really miss having a boat--one day we will...


I wanted to post this little video. Bear with me--the beginning is a little boring. The friends we went with had never seen anyone do this before, so they were impressed enough it convinced me to post the fun tricks Trevor's learned on a tube. It's kind of old news (to us)because everytime we go tubing, it's Trevor's favorite thing to do. He IS amazing :)


Here are a few pictures of us too. The kids had a lot of fun on the tube--I should have gotten some of Hailey and Ashley on the tube. Oops--but since we were both in the tube with them, we didn't think to take pictures.

Yep, I did go waterskiing. I know, a little taboo when you're pregnant. But I asked my doctor and he said if I was REALLY CAREFUL and I also had to wear something besides my swimsuit for protection. Without going into too much detail, he tells me a really common injury is when you hit the water in a sitting position and it temporarily "inflates"...an area you don't want inflated...this causes like an air embolus = bad for pregnant women. So he told me to wear some shorts or a wetsuit besides my swimsuit to protect any areas from inflation :) But as far as hitting on my stomach, it's still early enough the baby is low and protected by all the bones around. Just so you all know, I wasn't being negligent...and I didn't fall, I let go :)

I didn't get any pictures of Trevor waterskiing because he's better than me and makes me look bad. Just kidding. I was trying to keep all the kids sitting down and I forgot to grab the camera...conveniently :)

8 comments:

The Peake Family said...

That is so funny to hear the video after we had our phone conversation. hahaha. Tell Trevor GOOD JOB on his first double!! Looks like you had a good time.

Jami said...

I am so jealous, I love boating. Looks like you had a great time. Oh and it is awesome you are having a boy.

Sandy Brunson said...

I think my favorite part of that little video was Tyler (I think) in the background yelling "that's my dad!" How proud...so cute.

Karen said...

Cool Trevor. How fun for your family. HI KIM!!! A BOY!!! YEAH! You're catching up to us. : ) What a cute family you have.

Fort Family said...

That was too funny! Meghann and I were both shocked that he was able to hold on.

mags said...

I love how you can hear Tyler shouting, "That's my DAAAAADDDD! Oh my gosh!!!" It makes me teary. Seriously.

The Davies Family said...

That was an awesome trick! I'm glad you got it on video even if its old news to you guys!
That is amazing you went waterskiing pregnant! I would have been scared..good to know that it can be accomplished.
One day we'll have a boat too, I hope.

Amanda, Curtis, Ellis, Hugh, Rhys, Graham, Sylvia said...

That's so great that the whole fam can enjoy waterplay together. I love the photos of Trevor with the kids in the tube. So cute. And good for you finding a way to get out and enjoy it. Pregnancy is a LOOOONG time, it seems. Good to break it up with some fun.