Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Ultrasound--IT'S A BOY!!

I had my ultrasound today. I was so excited I almost posted a picture of some parts--but I figure that's a little overboard. I was so convinced it was a girl. I'm sure you've all heard me say that over the last few weeks. But it was a nice surprise to find out I was wrong (of course we would have been happy either way :) )

I love ultrasounds and watching all their little movements and seeing their face (sortof). The poor kid had the hiccups for the last 15 minutes of the ultrasound. I felt bad because you could see each time he hiccuped it jolted his whole body and his head would jerk back. They've gotta get some kind of whiplash or something, don't you think?

So, now for names. You all have to give me some ideas because for the last 3 months we've only been talking girl names. Trevor and I both can agree on Jason, but my sister likes that one too--and she has her boy before me. That's OK, I don't LOVE it, I just like it. So--give me some ideas...

RETRACTION: I just wanted to print a retraction for the last post. Ashley was potty-trained for all of two days. Now she ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT sit on the toilet. She's a stubborn little stinker...screams and runs away... When I have the time and energy, we'll duke it out and I'll break out the bribes (besides the pee-pee dance) But since we'll be going on vacation soon, I figure it can wait. My apologies for the hasty post.

10 comments:

Tera said...

Congratulations! Boy names? Here are a few of my favorites: David, Erick, Harrison, William, John, Thomas, Jared, River... I'll let you know if I think of any more. I think boy names are so much easier to come up with than girl names. But I like traditional boy names (from the bible, etc.) Good luck!

The Peake Family said...

Yea, Yea. Finally the wait is over. A BOY.!.!.! I am so excited for you and Trevor! Hope all goes well with the pregnancy.

Curtis said...

Yay, Kim!

Someone I know just used Tate. It means cheerful. Very Cute. Does it go with Strupp? That's the rub--making sure the names go together.

Six or seven months ago Ellis was well on her way to being potty-trained. Then she quit and was adamant about NOT using the potty. We had some pretty fierce battles, even despite my better judgment, before I gave it up. Last month she became truly potty-trained over the course of a week. Of course there are potty issues throughout childhood, but the worst is over. Phew! It's my first time and it does feel so GREAT when the kids reach that milestone. Celebrate all you want when it happens again! I'll cheer for you!

Sandy Brunson said...

Oh that is fantastic! Another boy is needed in your cute little family. Which sibling is having a boy? As for names my favorite is Ammon.

mags said...

Hooray!! How fun for Tyler. I think you should name him Austin, I bet Tyler will back me up on that.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the boy! We had a really hard time picking Asher's name. Boys are just difficult...good luck with your search.

The Davies Family said...

Awesome! Now you'll have two of each..that's kind of what we are shooting for as well.
Hmm names...yeah..let me get back to you on that one.
We were just reminiscing with Gordon and Margot yesterday at church! I can't believe how much time has flown in life.
Congrats on the boy! can't wait to see pictures

The Smiths said...

Whoo hoo for baby boys! That is wonderful news! I have to second Sandy and say Ammon. When naming Caleb, we were torn between Ammon and Caleb. My siblings have Gideon, Isaac, Jarom, and Mason. I love em all!

Fort Family said...

Congratulations Kim and Trevor! We're so happy for you and can't wait to see what he looks like when he finally arrives. As for boy names, these are just a few that I like...Ethan, Liam and Corbin. Those are names of my nephew's, so I can't use them and Seth and I have an agreement on not sharing our "boy" names with anyone, sorry. Anyway, congrats again!

Shayla said...

Wahoo for you. I bet Trevor is very happy on the inside - not that we would know anyway. You should call me when you get a minute sometime - unless you only want to be blog friends. Jk! Hope all is well in Lawton. I am all set up in my apartment in Provo. Tell your little ballies that Ms. Shaywa said "Hello."