Monday, April 14, 2008

Tyler's Birthday!

He's FINALLY five years old. He sure was excited for the big #5. Here are a few pictures I took throughout the day.


In this one he got that beautiful crown from school. And the dinosaur. The Transformer ring came from the cupcakes I sent to school with him to share with his class for his birthday.

Before we bought the cupcakes, we were talking about what he wanted to take to school. I guess a couple of kids have had these cupcakes with different pastic rings stuck to the top. So he told me he wanted Transformer rings. He then asked if his ring would still fit when he's 5 :)


In this picture he's displaying the beautiful (or feeble attempt at) Transformer cakes. You'll notice the Decepticon insignia on the left and Autobot insignia on the right. I'm quite Transformer literate these days.


I want some cake! That big mouth is from my side of the family :)


Some of the loot. Grandma Strupp was thoughtful and sent some books and things for Hailey and Ashley, so if you're thinking some of those books look a little feminine, it's because they're not for him :)

12 comments:

Amanda said...

Cute cakes! I'll have to call you for our next birthday!

And you don't have to even say that you love being a mom. Everyone knows by the way you treat your kids that you adore being their mom.

And now that I know you know how long I spend on your blog I'd better hurry and get off! :)

Tera said...

Happy Birthday Tyler!

I am so impressed with the cakes! I need to take lessons.

GSGC StrongFamily said...

How cute. Looks like he had a fun birthday, and great cakes! I'm very impressed. I'm glad you found some transformer rings for the cupcakes!

The Peake Family said...

Finally 5 years old. We had a great time at Mcdonalds, thanks for inviting us.
Happy Birthday Tyler!!

The Davies Family said...

Happy Birthday! What a fun party..love the Transformer cakes..great job! Mase loves transformers too and the funny thing, he's never even seen the movie. He is so cute! I can't believe he's five it seems like only yesterday we were in our parents ward..I was massively pregnant and you had just had him and looked fabulous..wow time flies!

derrickandlisadye said...

Happy Late Birthday Tyler! Hi everyone it's Lisa Dye. My mom said you have a blog so I checked it out. Your family is so cute. It is so fun to see what is going on in your lives. I hope all is well. It looks like it. Oh and great job on the cakes Kim!! I am so impressed. Love, Lisa

Natalie said...

Hey Kim! I didn't know you were so talented at cake decorating!! Did you have to make it at night when the kids were sleeping. Whenever I'm cooking I feel like my kids are all over me and if you made those amazing cakes with you kids awake then I'm just that much more impressed. I'm glad you liked my "tagged" blog entry. It was fun to answer the questions you don't usually have to answer about yourself. You should try it, I would love to ready your answers! Your so cute Kim and I love to keep in touch this way!

mags said...

OH how we miss Tyler!! Austin has yet to find a good buddy. just yesterday he cried all the way home from taking quinton to a friends house. Happy b-day Tyler!!

PS Avery asked me a couple of days ago if I still remembered Kim! I was so surprised that she did! She says Hi!

kellie said...

How fun! I can't believe he is 5!! Has it been that long?! And I think the cakes are great!! I bet he loved them. Kim, you are the cutest mom. Your kids always look so happy.
Happy birthday to you Tyler! :)

Craig and Maggie said...

I love cool cakes! Cakes are one of the very best things about birthdays, so naturaally if the cake is good, the birthday is good. You are good at birthdays. I'll need you to show me how you did that so I can try it. No- not for Darren. For Craig (that silly fanatic)

Emily J. said...

Okay our boys would so get along. that is all I hear about are the autobots and decepticons (sorry about spelling). YOu are a great cake decorator. Keep it up and you will be Super Mom of the Century. What we do for our kids.

Tera said...

I love the new layout! Super cute!