Thursday, April 3, 2008

My Family


I went home this weekend and was able to visit with my family. It was SOOO good to see them, but it was also bittersweet because it was for my Grandpa's funeral. He was a wonderful man and we will miss him so much. I was able to see so much of my family though, and so I was grateful for the opportunity.

This picture is of my full brothers and sister, my dad and stepmom, my grandma, and me. I was able to see more of my sisters, but they are step and half sisters and they didn't attend the funeral (so they're not in the picture :))

I really love visiting and joking with my family, I'm so grateful for such close brothers and sisters who get along so well and genuinely like being around each other. We had a good time this past weekend.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fun for you to be in town with your family. I'm sorry about the sad reason though.

The Peake Family said...

Finally I can put a face with all the stories you have told me. Your kids are so easy to babysit!! They were really good. And yes Tay missed Ashee, she called Haley Ashee the entire time. Sorry about your grandpa.

Natalie said...

Hey Kim, I'm sorry about your
Grandpa but glad that you were able to come home and see your family. Your fireplace is beautiful and I think makes a great backdrop for your pictures!We had a blast in Mexico but we still liked Maui better. It's just nice to be able to flush your toilet paper and unfortunately that is a luxury you don't get in Mexico.

The Davies Family said...

What a nice picture of all you guys. Sorry it was for such a sad occasion, I'm sorry about your grandpa. He sounds like a good man.
I foget how much you and your sister look alike. You look beautiful as always! Hopefully we'll get to catch up sometime this summer.
That's funny we have the same table set..good taste..have your kids ever done that to it? The Kim I was talking about in the story was you (in case you missed that) thanks for being such a great example! I sure could use lesson in patience and laughing things off. After reading about the spilled milk I thought, 'I need to be more like Kim and just laugh about it.' SO thanks!

mags said...

Kim you look so great! I told mike that you and I should go to florida. he's currently adding up the cost but maybe I can break him before July. Sorry to hear about your grandpa!

Amanda said...

What a special time to be with your family.

So we loved those cute heart-shaped sprinkles on the cupcakes today! And thanks for getting me into blogging!

grammie kim said...

lisa its aunt kim, i found your blogspot by googling me. look at ours
karlandkimstrupp.blogspot.com
and from there lisas and britts
hope all is well and your all good. love ya aunt kim
oh, i am currently visiting in Ohio. love to all