Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Valentine's dance

So, I'm kicking myself because I forgot my camera AGAIN! I'm not good at the pictures, Trevor is the one taking all the pictures.

Anyway, Tyler had a Sweetheart Dance at his school. The boys were supposed to have a mom or Grandma come and the girls were to have fathers or grandfathers come and dance with them.

It was SOO cute. We did the Hoky-Pokey and YMCA and the Chicken Dance, there was even a slow dance in there. It was fun to see all the kids dance. And even funnier to see all the little kids get all decked out. Some of the little boys had tiny tuxes on, and some of the little girls had this big frilly prom-dress like dresses on with their hair all done up. Maybe I'm just a boring mom, but Tyler and I went casual. I didn't get a picture, but one of the other parents in Tyler's class took one of us. So if I get it, I'll post it...I'm not holding my breath.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Could it be that you don't want pictures of yourself on this day because you should have been in bed? What a good mom you are! I hope you post the picture anyway, if you get it.

Shayla

Emily J. said...

I want to see this picture. What a fun idea. It sounds like it was fun for all of you. I would love to see you do the chicken dance :)

Tera said...

So cute! What a great idea for a dance. I'm sure you had a blast!

The Peake Family said...

Just wanted you to know that your kids are so cute!! We had fun jumping and playing superman while you were out dancing.. Hey maybe next activity I'll remind you NOT TO FORGET YOUR CAMERA.. :)

The Smiths said...

How fun! I bet Tyler was so proud to have his dancing machine of a mom. Do you still have moves like in high school?!?! ;)

Erica Johnston said...

ADORABLE!!! I so wish they did that here.