Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Don't cry over spilled milk

On Funniest Home Videos sometimes they have these videos of toddlers that have gotten into the chocolate syrup and spread it all over the carpet, walls, beds, etc. To me I think it's funny because I don't have to clean up the mess. It's kind of funny to see the chocolate covered kids. But for the life of me I can't figure out why parents film this, and much less laugh about it during the whole clip. I can say I would be pretty mad at the kid because they probably knew better. And also in the back of my mind I think that if the parents were WATCHING their child, this wouldn't have happened in the first place.

Now, this particular incident happened after lunch. It was almost nap time and the kids had eaten their lunch and left their cups of milk sitting on the table. I was trying to catch the end of American Idol that I recorded last night when Ashley comes wandering in all nonchalant looking like this. I asked her what happened and she points to the dining room. I should have taken a picture of the dining room, but I wiped up all the spilled milk before I thought to take a picture of it. Yes, I wiped up the dining room before I wiped up my daughter. And for a good reason: because I knew if I wiped her up first, she would be PLAYING in the milk while I was trying to clean up the rest of the mess, and therefore getting herself all milky and sticky again. You should have seen the dining room. You would think two cups of milk could not go far, but you'd be wrong. It was EVERYWHERE. On the wall, the curtains, the table, the rug, the chair...EVERYWHERE. Little stinker. But it was kind of funny. Especially looking at her cute milk droplet face.

So, maybe it's a little stupid posting something so little as spilled milk, but maybe other moms can relate :)



11 comments:

Jami said...

Kim I love that story. Isn't it amazing how far a little glass of anything goes so far. I am always amazed. The picture is so cute. I am sure she loved playing in the milk. By the way I love your new layout very cute.

Beck Family said...

Too Funny! Of course us moms can relate, What child doesn't think it fun to go crazy with something they know darn well they shouldn't. I guess its to keep us mothers humble. Luckily they look so darn cute before during and after or else they might get in real big trouble.

Craig and Maggie said...

Look at that smile! She sure looks pleased with herself. One of her life's greatest achievments I'm sure.

The Davies Family said...

Oh no, You have one of THOSE kids..hahaha..oh wait..I do to..no I have two of them.Not so funny anymore. I swear ever since Hudsyn was born Mason gets into EVERYTHING..the best is when I come downstairs and he's sitting there quietly and then he says, 'mom, I don't have nufing in my mouth.' oh great!

mags said...

I'm grateful for blogging because it helps me look at disasters in a new light! It looks like she had tons of fun!

The Davies Family said...

So do you think I am a terrible mom for NOT cutting my own child's hair? I figure, 'hey people go to school for this, why not pay them?' Ryan on the other hand is all about 'do it yourself' but he did do a good job. I'm pretty proud of him

kellie said...

That is the cutest picture I have ever seen :) That is so funny!! I don't know if I am ready for all this fun. Mack was playing with a clump of his own poop last week. Oh, I think it is time to get new carpet :)

Sabrina said...

Hee hee. What a cutie. I don't know how kids do it, but they have this special gift of making messes in a short amount of time. Glad to hear you were able to laugh about it!

Anonymous said...

What a cute girl. I love your new layout!

Tera said...

I love it! It brings me so much joy to know that my kids are not the only ones wreaking havoc in the world.

NateandMarie said...

kim-hilarious first of all-
cute blog, I need you to show me a few things! I'm glad we'll be able to keep track of you guys!