Friday, August 30, 2013

Summer is the Best--Part I

This summer I went to a church Youth Conference in Helena with the youth from my church.  I can't tell you how much I love these girls.  They're so much fun to hang out with.  We had a LOT of fun.  

Some of the youth and I stayed at Trevor's uncle (and aunt's) house in Helena. They were a "host family".  I always have a lot of fun hanging out with them--they're barely older than us, and I just REALLY like both of them.  I fully took advantage of the time with them and kept them up until 2 a.m. each night (morning) talking their ears off. Trevor's aunt is the YW president in their ward, so I got to hang out a lot during the days with her, too!



These are some of the amazing YW--we stopped for lunch on the way...always time for a little food and fun...


This is during our service project one of the days.

We had a lot of fun with service projects, games, the dance, testimony meetings, and talks from several youth leaders/stake presidency members.  It was an amazing weekend.



This town is the coolest place.  One of the banks here had a carnival one Saturday, so we decided to take the kids to it.  They had games, face painting, food, etc. What cute faces!  Tyler didn't partake in the face painting fun.  I guess he's too old for that... :(




The duck race was part of the carnival.  It was really fun to see the kids run along the banks chasing the ducks.  None of our ducks won.  I think we should've received a prize because we were one of only two families that came to watch the race.


The finish line...

Stay tuned...there will be lots more summer fun pictures to come!

1 comments:

teamteusch said...

I will give you a prize for coming to watch our duck race! (The one I'll host if you come visit. Basically I'll just dump a bunch of ducks in the lake and time which one gets to shore first.)Heck, come visit and I'll give you ALL THE PRIZES!