Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Milestones

I've got a lot of pictures to catch up on. These were in my phone...

Just a few "milestones" to mention:


Tyler becomes a Webelo


Trevor bought me a .17 HMR for Mother's Day.  This man is THE COOLEST husband.  Tyler helped me sight it in. It's a gopher killing machine. :)


We've tried out my new gun a few times.  This time we took Tyler and went with some of our good friends (thanks for letting us borrow these guys Jessie!)
 


Hailey got a tick.  I was doing her hair and found it while I was braiding.  After I pulled it out (she was a brave girl) I put it in a cup to kill it slowly and painfully.  But Ashley wanted to keep it.  Like as a pet.  
Ashley wants to keep EVERYTHING lately. Weird things like old candy wrappers and stuff.  I hope I haven't turned her into a hoarder because of all the stuff I get rid of all the time. Sigh.


Our first zombie party.  It was a surprise party for one of our friends 40th birthday.  The kids were soo excited to dress up.  It was a lot of fun.  I wish I would've had time to dress up myself!


Hailey and Ashley's first 5K.  Jason ran the 1/2 mile kids fun run.  He was so excited when he saw the finish line and bolted--he got his arms pumping really big--it was pretty hilarious.  Trevor ran the 5k  and then went back to run with the girls while they finished the race.  I ran the 10k so I didn't get to run with any of them.  It was a fun day.  Pancake breakfast after the race and everything. :) We missed Tyler, he was at a scout camporee :(


Jason's preschool graduation.  If you see him in this picture, just know he had on pants that fit when I dropped him off...the ONE day I took the change of clothes home (that were left at school all year long) he has an accident.  Awesome.  He looked really cute in someone else's pants that were 6 inches too short :)


Trevor's been doing some golfing now that the weather is nicer.  He takes one of the kids each time he goes. They all love going with him.  Probably because he lets them drive him around in the golf cart.  Good times.


 Jason pet a wild bird.  We've had birds running into our living room window.  We were out on the deck one time and one hit the window and Jason thought it was the funniest thing.  He couldn't stop laughing!  Then he noticed the bird was sitting on the railing and walked up to it.  It didn't move so I told him to touch it.  He poked it and it didn't fly off so he started petting it.  He pet it for at least 3 minutes.  I'm not sure if the bird was just dazed or had a broken wing.  It kind of "flew" to the ground and hopped off, so it was probably hurt.


The first time we played in the river this summer.  More like by the river, the water's still pretty cold.


Trevor caught a bullhead minnow with his hands.  The kids all wanted a turn holding it.


We got a driveway :) It's a good thing, too, because it's been raining a lot and the van gets stuck in the mud.  
PS These two are the best contractors.  Let me know if you need one, I'll give you their info.  They're hard workers and do amazing things.  They really pay attention to detail and are so easy to work with.  Plus they're hilarious, and we all know that's the most important thing when building a house.

Thanks for reading my randomness.  We've had a lot of fun the past couple months and lots of fun things planned ahead!

4 comments:

teamteusch said...

I love reading your blog. I wish you would update it more often. It looks like you have lots of fun where you guys live. We'll need to come visit.

Sandy Brunson said...

I love the catch up! Glad to hear what's going on with your family.

Sam Howard said...

Were the preschoolers singing "Mr. Sun, Sun, Mr. Golden Sun?"

Amanda, Curtis, Ellis, Hugh, Rhys, Graham, Sylvia said...

I'd like to think I could pull out a tick or shoot a gopher or build a house, but I'm pretty sure I would fail. I admire all these daily heroics. And you are so funny, too, Kim. I agree that a sense of humor is beyond price.