Saturday, September 18, 2010

First Day of School

Tyler had a great first day. Tyler's such a fun kid. He has some kids in his class from last year, but his two favorite friends are in the other class. He has a really good attitude about it though and says he can be friends with all the other kids and still play with his two favorite friends at recess.

I was worried Hailey might be a little shy in kindergarten. She LOVED her first day, though and feels so grown up. She loves getting homework and thinks her teacher is amazing (and she is). The elementary kids have lockers and everything :)

This is Ashley in a box sliding down the stairs. (PS I did NOT make them wear that helmet, they came up with that on their own. I thought it was pretty funny, actually) She has preschool this year, which she loves. But I didn't get a picture of her first day. Boo. Her first day was a week after Tyler and Hailey's and it just about killed her. It's funny, after her first day when I went to pick her up--the teachers were commenting on how different Ashley and Hailey were/are. They said Ashley is more outgoing and wants to answer all the teacher's questions. She plays with all the kids and doesn't cry a lot if she gets hurt :) Poor Hailey--that makes her sound bad. Hailey is SO great, just a little more sensitive and shy than Ashley.



So that's that. They had great first days, and I miss them while they're away. Jason hardly knows what to do with himself. If we ever drive past the school while running errands, Jason yells: TYLER! HAILEY! I'm glad they have great teachers,great friends and a great school.

3 comments:

Jamie said...

Awww, I need a video of Jason yelling for the kids. I bet that is ALMOST as cute as him calling for CARROTS!

Your kids are adorable and I am glad they are with us at Winans, all looking out for each other and enjoying the awesome teachers (you are going to be IN LOVE with Mrs. Thums by the end of the year). Thanks for coming over today. You are hilarious!

Peggy Ann said...

My grandchildren are SO CUTE! Tell Hailey that I am working at the kindergarten as the playground monitor in the morning before school & during lunch! (I do this as part of my job teaching the Middle School Alternative Ed kids -we are in the same building as the kindergarten). I wish my grandchildren were on MY playground!

Jami said...

Hi Kim,
This is Jami Waite. How are you? I don't have your email so I'm trying to talk to you this way :) Jaylon was hoping to talk to Trevor or email Trevor. If it isn't too much trouble can you send me his email address so Jaylon can talk to him? Thanks a bunch!! My email is sunnywaite@yahoo.com
Love your fun pictures- your kids are growing up fast and so cute!