Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Daddy's Boy

Jason loves his dad. He's finally gotten to the point that he doesn't cry for 10 minutes after Trevor leaves for work. That's probably because with Trevor's "summer hours" he leaves at 6:50 a.m. and Jason hasn't woken up yet. Rest assured Jason will wander the house after he wakes up (and intermittently throughout the rest of the day) whining, "Daddy, Daddy."

Then, when Jason hears the garage door open--whether it's Trevor or not--he gets all excited and runs downstairs to greet dad.

If Jason gets hurt, it's not me he wants to hold and cuddle him, it's Trevor.

When he's in his carseat to drive somewhere, he doesn't want me to get him out, he wants Trevor. Heaven forbid I do get him out, he squirms to get down to run to Trevor's side.

I gotta admit, Trevor's the best dad ever. And it doesn't even hurt my feelings--I think it's endearing to see my baby boy love his dad so much.

Jason always wants dad to sit and rock him or hold him when he gets home from work. In this picture it's about 5 p.m. Definitely a bad time for Jason to take a little nap, but he grabbed his blanket and binky and climbed up in dad's lap to watch a little Sports Center...and they fell asleep. I guess they were a little tuckered out.

4 comments:

Tera said...

I love it! So sweet. My kids love their dad too. I'm glad they have such a great relationship with him. :)

Jamie said...

so. dang. cute.

it was really cute to hear him calling "daddy" at primary sunday in his scratchy little voice. i'm still a huge jason fan.

Jenn said...

So sweet! My boys were all"mama"boys...but Michaela is/was certainly a Daddy's girl.

Tuthill Family said...

Awww... That is so sweet! What a cute picture of the two of them! :)