Monday, November 3, 2008

Halloween




Halloween was a lot of fun this year. We had a ward Fall Party where the kids got to play lots of games and do a little trick or treating inside the church.

On Halloween night we went trick or treating--I know, if anyone pays a lot of attention to what they dress up as every year, you'll notice it's the same as last (well, Tyler was a power ranger 2 years ago) but it was their idea. Tyler and Hailey's costumes are a little small, but they wanted to squeeze one more year out of them.

It was really fun taking them trick or treating. The kids wanted to go trick-or-treating with some friends, so we had the Jones over to our neighborhood. They ended up watching my kids the whole night while I was in the back of the pack slowly moving along with Ashley. :)

Trevor decided he would have some Halloween fun and decorated our garage. It looked really cool but I couldn't find any really good pictures of it, so this will have to do.




This is the front, there's a door cut on either side to walk in and out.



Inside the garage there was like a "U" shape walkway where you walk past a scary looking dummy, then to Trevor for the candy and then out.

In the center of the "U" he had a graveyard with some tombstone's, skulls, ghosts, etc. etc.

Oh, and to top it all off, he had a fogger to fill the garage...but not just any fogger. He made a cooler with a tube to "chill" the fog before it entered the garage. Apparently this is supposed to keep the fog low. It looked pretty cool, but I do like to tease him when he gets ideas like these.

It was a big hit with the neighborhood kids, but in hindsight--I should've stuck around to stand outside and give candy to those poor tiny scared kids. Some are just too young for that. I know my kids were always scared at houses even remotely scary. Oh well, next year if Trevor decides to do it again, I'll remember to stick around for the little ones.

7 comments:

Sandy Brunson said...

That is fantastic! Nice job Trevor! But I think you are right...those poor little tikes. I remember hating the really scary houses too. Even when I was older. I'm kind of a chicken like that though.

The Davies Family said...

That was great! I love Halloween I say have as much fun as you can with it..oh and heck yeah squeeze every last bit out of those costumes! We finally broke down this year and bought P a super girl costume..otherwise I hit Target the days after Halloween and get smokin deals on costumes for next year..but it only works until they are like 3 then they have a mind of their own.
I love the chicken costume..it cracked me up!

The Peake Family said...

Who cares what they wear as long as they are happy. The pictures look great, tell Trevor good job!!

The Smiths said...

Very impressive!

Natalie said...

The garage spook alley is SO awesome!! Your husband is very creative. It looks like your kids had a blast. I can't believe you are down to the last 49 days of pregnancy!

Fort Family said...

The kids look so cute and the haunted house idea looks like it was fun. I wish we were still there to see how it turned out. I hope you all had fun.

Amanda, Curtis, Ellis, Hugh, Rhys, Graham, Sylvia said...

Recycling old costumes is a fabulous idea--your kids are great. Ellis would covet that Snow White dress...

So, I'm very impressed with Trevor. What fun parents you guys are!

Kim, I hope you're feeling pretty well now that baby time is getting closer.