Thursday, October 23, 2008

Pumpkin Patch

Our town is so exciting...our pumpkin patch isn't even a real pumpkin patch. This is the only one we could find that's even a little close to us. That's OK though, I don't think the kids know the difference between a real pumpkin patch and a volleyball net at the closed waterpark with pumpkins spread around the field.

We went with Hailey's preschool to "the Pumpkin Patch" and let the kids each get a pumpkin. They had a lot of fun. They were pretty funny though, all the kids wanted tiny pumpkins instead of big ones to carve--but all the easier for me so I don't have to carry my kids big pumpkins out to the car. Here are some pictures of our fun...

Oh yeah, Tyler went yesterday with his class at school to this same pumpkin patch. Apparently there's a substance abuse class that goes along with the pumpkin patch. I know, when you think "Pumpkin Patch" doesn't "substance abuse" immediately come to mind? Unfortunately, the class was full and our preschoolers didn't get the exciting lecture on substance abuse...only the "pumpkin patch". Thank goodness.

Tyler did ask me though if I know what the new drug is--he informed me it's medicine. :) I told him he was right, we aren't supposed to take any medicine unless the doctor gives it to us. At least he learned something.




6 comments:

Sandy Brunson said...

That is truly the saddest excuse for a pumpkin patch I have ever seen. Seriously! So sad.

The Peake Family said...

Wow, what a pumpkin patch. Too bad I missed that one. The pumpkin patch at Wal-mart is about the same, pumpkins spread out in the front of the store. You should check it out.

We can get the boys together some time next week. Tommy would love it.

kellie said...

That is quite a pumpkin patch if I do say so myself :) Sheesh. I guess they did provide the necessities. I love your back splash!! I am so impressed at all the things you have done to your home. I need you to come and fix up my grandmas place that we are occupying. It needs some serious help!

grammie kim said...

its fun to see your family at B's wedding, and so excited that you only have a few days to go on the PG. Lisa would love to put that on her blog, but doesn't know how, if you want to leave a comment there she would probably appreciate it. again love seeing the kids growing and can't wait to meet the baby. kim

Jami said...

Hi Kim, We think about you guys a lot! Good work on the tile! I don't know how you do projects like that with kids (and pregnant!) What are you having?? I searched all over your blog for a clue and it's probably right in front of me...we just found out it's boy #3 for us. Ellie cried (do did I, but only briefly). Come see us in WA if you're ever out this way.

mags said...

i hear you all might consider staying in lawton a little longer, what d'ya think about that? gotta love lawton drug culture.